As many of you know (and some of you may not), each year, the Chi Phi Educational Trust provides financial support to the scholarship, educational and values-based leadership programs that impact Chi Phi students, chapters and the general public. Our recent Golf Tournament raised funds to support the Chi Phi Educational Trust, and the Second Annual USF-Chi Phi Golf Scramble to be held in the Fall of 2014 will continue to support this fund.
The declared purposes of the Trust are:
- To assist and supplement the work of universities, colleges and schools in the promotion of the scholarship and development of the character and morality of students;
- To provide improved educational facilities, opportunities and conveniences for students; (c) To make donations and/or loan money to universities, colleges and schools;
- To assist needy and deserving students to complete their education;
- To aid aged or disabled former students who are in need and are worthy of assistance;
- To expend money for any other educational and/or charitable purpose not inconsistent with any of the foregoing specific purposes.
In 1933, the IRS recognized the Chi Phi Educational Trust as a 501(c)(3) educational foundation. Since then, thanks to the support of thousands of alumni, parents, undergraduates, friends and corporate partners, the Trust has become a vital part of the success of Chi Phi.
Delta Zeta currently has in its Educational Trust fund a total of $8,461.17. In 2013, the following people and companies helped to increase the funds in our Trust to that amount:
$105.00 B. Callaway
$100.71 David Ebner
$ 25.00 Philip Gilroy
$ 50.00 Todd Latoski
$100.00 Clinton Millsap
$105.00 David Millsap
$ 50.00 Publix Supermarket
$472.50 Pyro Display
$225.00 James Ulseth
$294.00 Weller Enterprises
$241.57 Chip Woodward
The Delta Zeta Alumni Association would like to personally thank each and every one of our Brothers for their donations, and for those companies who gave of their resources to support this worthwhile fund. If you’ve never given to support this cause, or if it’s been a long time since you have, we hope you’ll consider this when thinking about what donations you will be making in 2014 – your donation could go a long way to helping a fellow Brother complete his education!