As every true sports fan knows, basketball teams from colleges and universities all over the country vie to be one of the 68 programs selected to participate in the NCAA Tournament each year. They work hard for those bragging rights, to carve their legacy in NCAA history, and to honor their schools.
Chi Phi offers that same opportunity with the Chi Phi March Mania Challenge. The Challenge is all about bragging rights, honoring your Chapter, continuing your legacy, and providing for the next generation. While 68 best basketball teams in the country complet for the national championship, Chi Phi needs your help to raise $68,000 to support your Chapter and Chi Phi Scholarships.
For this challenge, you don’t need to be a sports superstar to help your Chapter score points. Every dollar you pledge to the Chi Phi Educational Trust before April 7, 2014 will score one point for your Chapter. By making a pledge of any amount, you will score points to help your Chapter claim victory. More importantly, you’ll provide scholarships for Chi Phi Brothers and educational programs for your Chapter.
Each Chi Phi Chapter has been bracketed and is poised for glory! Winning Chapters will receive a trophy, be featured in the Chakett, and will be highlighted on the Chi Phi National website.
For those of you who participated last year, snaps to you – as Delta Zeta took home the award for the Most Alumni Participating! Let’s see if we can’t work together to once again earn recognition for the Delta Zeta Alumni Association in 2014!
For the full article, check out https://www.chiphi.org/chakettonline/educational-trust/2014/03/third-annual-march-mania-challenge-kicks-off/
The 149th Chi Phi Congress is coming! Set for June 26 – 29, 2014 in Austin, Texas, Congress will see Chi Phi Brothers from all over the country converge to conduct the affairs of the Fraternity during the day and enjoy the sites of Austin during the evening. This year, the Congress will meet to evaluate new and existing Fraternity policies, to adopt a 2015 budget for Chi Phi, to select a Grand Alpha-elect, and to consider any of its own legislation. Also, all 2013 award winners will be recognized at the event.
Every registered Alumni Association is entitled to one voting delegate. Last year, Brother David Ebner attended Congress, and this year, Brother Kyllan Purdon will be attending as the DZAA delegate. There are plenty of events lined up for this year’s Congress, including a free day to explore Austin on Thursday, June 26th; an authentic Texas BBQ dinner on the evening of Friday, June 27th; a hands-on experience in the Whole Foods Market kitchens guided by one of Whole Foods expert chefs on the morning of Saturday, June 28th; and a Cocktail Reception and Congressional Banquet on the evening of Saturday, June 28th. And for those of you who are golf fanatics, there will also be the 2014 Watts Gunn Memorial Golf Tournament on Thursday, June 26th (which honors Watts Gunn, Omega 1928, who made golfing history in 1925 by winning 15 straight holes in the first round of the U.S. Amateur, and went on to win many other games). Proceeds from the tournament support the College of Excellence and Chi Phi’s other leadership development programs.
Congress is open to any Chi Phi Brother, whether Active or Alumni. For more information, check out the webpage at http://www.chiphi.org/congress/
Facebook…Twitter…Instagram…with so much technology out there, it’s easy to get bogged down with the various social websites, and even easier to drift further and further away from your Brothers in the Chi Phi Fraternity. Well, Chi Phi has found a way to keep your Brothers close with Chi Phi Connect.
An innovative, efficiency-enabling tool that networks our membership, Chi Phi Connect is a Chapter’s communication portal and the go-to place for Chi Phi resources for undergraduates and Alumni alike. With drag-and-drop technology, you can customize your Chi Phi Connect dashboard, putting front and center the tools you use the most and the things that you want to see. Make it your own by choosing your newsfeeds, widgets for your dashboard, adding your own pictures under your profile and linking your Facebook account.
Your Chi Phi Connect provides:
- Facebook integration that allows you to connect your Facebook and Chi Phi Connect accounts, log in with your Facebook credentials, check your news feed and see your friends.
- Customization to your heart’s content! Drag-and-drop onto your dashboard the tools you use the most and the things that you want to see and change them anytime.
- Easy access to connect with our membership through volunteer, brother, chapter and alumni association searches plus your chapter’s complete roster with contact information right at your fingertips.
- A calendar that may be managed for personal use, chapter use, displays important National event dates and may even be integrated with your Google calendar.
- The resource center to acquire and share documents, pictures and tutorials within your own chapter and from Chi Phi National Headquarters.
- The ability to voice and acquire opinions through user-friendly and customizable polls.
- Auto-notification of activity such as new Chi Phi documents uploaded for your access, polls or calendar events for you to see, and Facebook notifications and requests you’ve received.
- Your personal picture profile…you’ll decide how you look on Chi Phi Connect, in member lists and communications with your Chapter.
For more information, check out the full website at http://www.chiphi.org/connect