The position of the Treasurer is probably the best position to hold within the DZAA executive board. It is easy, you only need basic mathematical skills, and without the Treasurer, nothing can be done! So pretty much, you are more important than the rest of the Board, because you hold the “mullah.”
The primary duties of the Treasurer include:
- Maintain constant contact with the financial institution that holds the DZAA’s funds;
- Provide the DZAA with monthly balances;
- Create a yearly functional operating budget for the DZAA;
- Make deposits of all checks and cash received from fundraising and other DZAA events;
- Make payment to accounts such as the IRS, website maintenance, business registration, etc;
- Research possible investment options to earn the DZAA higher returns on its savings;
- Send invoices to all eligible alumni for payment of dues;
- Maintain contact with the Chi Phi National Office regarding the DZAA scholarship account;
- Be in constant contact with all other Board members; and
- Be present at all executive board meetings.
So, in a nutshell, those are the “ins” and “outs” of the Treasurer position. You cannot fail unless you steal our money! And you don’t want to do that, as there will be dire consequences.
If you have any questions regarding this, or any of the other positions on the Board, please do not hesitate to contact us.